- Size 12Availability:77 in stock$0.84
- Size 14Availability:96 in stock$0.84
- Size 16Availability:189 in stock$0.84
- Size 18Availability:159 in stock$0.84
Total Price : $0.00
- Ants are more important food source than most fly anglers realize.
- Ants are extremely available to fish on ice free waters in the Rockies, Cascades, Sierras, Appalachian, Adirondack, Catskills, and many other mountainous regions.
- Mating ants can gather in the tens of millions, and after mating 'ant falls' can send fish into a feeding frenzy that has to be seen to be believed.
- Besides mating times, ants are vulnerable to wind currents. when it cools over high elevations, ants are forced down.
- Also watch for updrafts along north-south mountain ranges, they can send ants on uncontrolled flights resulting in unplanned landings!
- This pattern hangs on top of the water, with the body underneath much like Klinkhammers.
Terrestrials are insects born on land but still important to fish.