Orvis CFO III Reel
In honor of its 50th anniversary, our USA-made click-and-pawl C.F.O. III Reel is inspired by renowned fly reel designer Stan Bogdan's 1971 revival of the timeless, ventilated-port design first patented by Charles Frederick Orvis in 1874.
Worthy of display and even more fun to fish, this classic click-and-pawl is an elegantly simple and effective design with the same black frame and spool with silver accents as Bogdan's 1971 icon. Features an easy left- to right-hand retrieve conversion.
- Made with durable, corrosion-resistant type III anodizing.
- Neoprene reel case included.
- Spool is not backwards compatible with previous C.F.O. reels.
- 3 oz.
- 3" reel diameter.
- Line weights 3-5;
- 75 yards with 5-wt., 20-lb Dacron®.
- USA-made revival of reel designer Stan Bogdan's iconic 1971 reel
- Type III anodizing is durable and resists corrosion
- Converts from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Classic click-and-pawl design is a pleasure to fish
- Neoprene reel case included