- size 12 (Black)Availability:257 in stock$0.84
- size 14 (Black)Availability:264 in stock$0.84
- size 16 (Black)Availability:259 in stock$0.84
- size 18 (Black)Availability:205 in stock$0.84
- size 12 (Cinnamon)Availability:38 in stock$0.84
- size 14 (Cinnamon)Availability:72 in stock$0.84
- size 16 (Cinnamon)Availability:66 in stock$0.84
- size 18 (Cinnamon)Availability:52 in stock$0.84
Total Price : $0.00
- Ants are more important food source than most fly anglers realize.
- Ants are extremely available to fish on ice free waters in the Rockies, Cascades, Sierras, Appalachian, Adirondack, Catskills, and many other mountainous regions.
- Mating ants can gather in the tens of millions, and after mating 'ant falls' can send fish into a feeding frenzy that has to be seen to be believed.
- Besides mating times, ants are vulnerable to wind currents. when it cools over high elevations, ants are forced down.
- Also watch for updrafts along north-south mountain ranges, they can send ants on uncontrolled flights resulting in unplanned landings!
- Terrestrials are insects born on land but still important to fish.
Ants in Fly Fishing