Sage Payload Fly Rod
Developed for when the largest of flies are on the menu. Whether you're popping for panfish with the 689-4, pitching big divers for largemouth with the 889-4, or chucking a small beaver for Musky with the 1193-4, the easy-loading but powerful blank of the PAYLOAD makes blind-casting even the most obscene of flies all-day a practical activity.
Featuring a fast action for casting large flies and very powerful tip to help pick up heavy lines off the water, the PAYLOAD is tuned for the extreme. These powerful mid sections then transition to a more forgiving butt that allows for a slower and more relaxed casting stroke that reduces fatigue. This softer butt section also allows for more leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter lengths offer a more effortless cast through a shorter lever and is better for landing fish out of a boat over a traditional 9'0" rod.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- 689-4: Line: 6+ (Grains: 200 - 230gr) - Trout streamers and light duty bass bugs
- 789-4: Line: 7+ (Grains: 230 - 270gr) - Boogle bugs to large trout streamers
- 889-4: Line: 8+ (Grains: 270 - 320gr) - Minnows, clousers, whistlers, and poppers
- 989-4: Line: 9+ (Grains: 320 - 370gr) - Pike flies, large poppers, and large baitfish
- 1090-4: Line: 10+ (Grains: 370 - 420gr) - Pike flies up to 12"
- 1193-4: Line: 11+ (Grains: 420 - 480gr) - Musky flies 12" +